The Worst Etiquette of an Interviewer

During the Interview, the interviewer should need to prepare as well and should possess the energy and happy face.

I have interviewed a few months ago, I went to the office an hour prior to the scheduled interview. After he was called by the receptionist, she came with a very unexpected aura.

Interviewer: Please come follow me. (Without any emotion. Just a plain order without any smile on her face).

Me: Okay, Ma'am. Sure.

When we get into the interview room.

Interviewer: Please sit down

Me: Thank you Ma'am.

Interviewer: Okay, thank you for coming.

During the interview, I haven't seen her face smiling as if she's not in a good mood or what. She's always looking at her phone. Her dress is rugged maong and rubber shoes.

Interviewer: My client is in need of ..... a new company. They are in need of a person with a wide background in ____ with more than 10 years of experience or more. May I know your last salary and expected salary.

Me: My last salary is ____ (more than a hundred thousand).

Interviewer: The company can only offer Thirty Thousand Pesos.

Me: For a Managerial Role, it's only Thirty Thousand? I thought the offer is more than my last salary as you have mentioned during our Phone call preliminary discussion. My salary expectation was also listed on my online resume.

Interviewer: Okay. I will just contact you if there's a new role.

As an interviewer, you should always wear a smile. You should be honest. Ask the applicant about their last salary. and if the applicant is willing to receive a lower salary than his/her current or last employment.

It is okay to receive a lower salary, but not 50% lower.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways to Correct Errors in Birth Certificate

Mygz Molino [Actor]: Totoong Pangalan, Family, Education, Showbiz Journey, Movie List

COMIDA CRAVINGS FOOD SHOP